Westfield Youth Players
If you know you want your child to play ‘travel soccer’ this fall please Click Here to go to our Registration Page.
If you have any other questions please send an email to email@example.com with your contact information and question and someone will contact you shortly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Why Westfield United?
- Your player gets the best of both worlds: the chance to socialize with their friends and be challenged by the best players from our neighboring towns.
- Our coaches are licensed, dedicated and love soccer. We make learning fundamentals fun for our younger players. We work to prepare our older teams for high school soccer tactics.
- If your child loves soccer, loves to kick a ball or loves to run, then they will love playing with us.
- When is a good time to join Westfield United?
- If your child loves soccer, the earlier the better.
- We recommend 2 sessions of our Mini-Camp to start them on their ball skills and then join one of our 2nd grade teams.
- How many teams do you have?
- We form as many age appropriate teams as we have players for.
- For our 2nd, 3rd & 4th Grade Teams, we try to form as many as we can. There are no formal tryouts for these teams, only evaluations. Please see the FAQ Tab on the home page for info.
- Our goal for our 5th – 8th Grade Teams is to form 2 teams per gender and age group. This negates tryouts because we can keep everyone.
- Where, When and Who do We Play?
- Home games are played at North Middle, Stanley Park or Woronoco Fields;
- Our competition is the best players from our neighbor towns: West Springfield, Agawam, Southwick, etc.
- Our time commitments, practice times and schedules, do not differ from Westfield Youth’s. We practice 2 times per week and play 2 games per week.
- Our fall season runs from Labor Day through the end of October. We have no official winter season. Our spring season for those electing to play runs April through early-mid June.
- Are my WYSA Fees Refundable If My Player Makes a Team?
- If a child makes a WUSC Team (Spring or Fall) and wishes to Only play for WUSC, the players family must seek a refund from Westfield Youth Soccer Directly, the refund will not be forwarded to WUSC, like in the past, but to the players parents directly.The players parent needs to request the refund from WYS Directly and it will Issued directly back to the family.WUSC Players that have made it to a WUSC team as well as WYS team need to request any refund by 6/30 from WYS.
- How Do Tryouts Work?
- For the 2nd, 2rd and 4th grade age teams there are no formal tryouts, only evaluations. Please see the FAQ Tab on the home page for info.
- Tryouts are for our U11-U13teams. If we have enough registered players we will form 2 or more teams per age group.
- Tryouts for our U14 teams are at the coaches discretion.
- You do not have to make both tryout dates but it is better if you do. You must sign in and attend at least one of the sessions.
- Our Tryouts are held RAIN or SHINE at the Woronoco Fields off 10 & 202. Click here for directions.
- Bring water, shin guards and a ball.
- Can My Player Play Other Sports?
- First, all our coaches are in agreement, academics come first.
- We welcome multi-talented players. Our players play baseball, lacrosse, hockey, gymnastics, dance, etc. They sing, play band, act, are on student council, etc.
- We encourage our better players to challenge themselves by playing in the MA Premier League, a more advanced soccer league. Every one of our teams has players playing with their friends on one of our teams and also playing at this level. They would not be on these teams were it not for the fundamentals learned in our club.